This position reports to the Regional Director and will be responsible for managing all financial, business development and brand standard aspects of the specified territory, supporting existing franchise/license performance as well as generating new business. Responsible for the advancement of the Chester’s Brand and image within the QSR marketplace. The activity of the (TPM) is to protect and develop the integrity of the brand by teaching and measuring performance in areas of product quality, customer service, cleanliness and profitability and new business development.
The TPM provides necessary consultation and assistance to franchisees/licensees to develop and improve business plans to include specific goals, objectives and strategies for sales, controls, profits, human resource plans, development, marketing, etc.
Who We Are:
Chester's is a family-owned company founded in 1952 and based in Birmingham, AL. We currently have 1200+ franchise units both nationally and internationally. We are a fast-paced, quickly growing, entrepreneurial company with a strong set of Core Values. We believe in living our Core Values every day at Chester's and we only hire candidates that feel the same!
Our Core Values:
Win as a Team
Embrace Constant Evolution
Deliver Exceptional Value
Direct, Respectful, and Honest
Fried Chicken is FUN!
- BA Degree, preferably in Business Administration with course work including marketing and sales or significant experience in the QSR business channel.
- Must be fully qualified in sales. A minimum of three of experience in restaurant supervisory experience. Superior business development background required.
- Heavy travel within regional market which can exceed 50%
- Superior people skills; well-developed oral and written communication skills; strong listening and negotiation skills; dynamic presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable computer skills. Proficient in MS Office applications. Experience with IOS business applications and CRM business applications helpful.
- Prior P&L and budget management strongly recommended.
- Knowledgeable on food safety practices & standards. History of ServSafe certification is highly recommended however current certification is not required
Essential Job Functions:
- Territory P&L management and budget management.
- Assures Company profitability by sourcing qualified and experienced franchisees in the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) industry within defined geographical area and assists in the development of sale strategies and programs when required.
- Assist franchisees with new store openings and conduct start-up and training. Coordinates training plans including verification that all training materials and tools are ready.
- Using data insights, develops the strategic plan and translates strategic planning into sales activities; monitors the market to develop product trends and to establish current and/or advantageous pricing; aligns sales force to optimize potential sales; coordinates with area developers and provides guidance to increase sales; directs the activities of QSR trade shows and uses them to enhance Company name recognition and complete sales.
- Provides guidance and support to franchise management. Protect the operating and financial interest of the franchisee and the company to ensure compliance with franchise agreements.
- Oversees Franchise Renewals as needed
- Acts as liaison between grocery wholesalers and franchisees and/or operators. Resolves any issues. related to delivery or non-delivery of breading and supplies to operators.
- Conduct restaurant visitations to ensure compliance with Operations Manual. Areas evaluated will include cooking procedures, product specifications, graphic standards and packaging standards. The TPM will develop an action plan to bring locations into compliance.
- Monitor inquiries to maximize advertising efforts; make telephone and personal contacts as required; Also, monitor results to ensure high level of customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ensures consistent execution and delivery of products, identifies irregularities, procedure compliance, HACCP, menu compliance and trademark protection through the results of operations evaluations.
- Ensure physical facilities comply with company standards.
- Develop and nurture business relationships; initiate, coordinate, schedule and conduct dynamic presentation meetings with possible qualified franchisees in effort to support and promote the Brand and Franchise opportunities.
- Qualify all potential franchisees’ and obtain required documentation to support franchisee’s financial ability to operate stores. May assist franchisees’ in securing financial resources from investors or financial institution. Comply with all appropriate rules and laws regarding franchise sales including timely disclosure to franchisees.
- Assist franchisees in maintaining operations standards to coordinate with marketing programs. Supports communication of marketing strategies and ad plans to franchisees.
- Participates in trade shows and sales meetings sustains a network for the dissemination of product information; sets-up and demonstrates equipment.
- Conduct on-site educational workshops and training sessions for franchise groups.
- Complete a variety of administrative duties such as month end reports, new store follow-up, weekly expense reports, preparation of classes, etc.
- Strictly adheres to Company and departmental policies and standards regarding the appropriate use of Company databases (e.g. Visual, CRM) and follows procedures regarding the appropriate maintenance of physical and electronic records; develops, maintains and utilizes proficiency in the use of the Company’s database. Also, Ensures implementation of company policies, procedures, programs, and new concepts.
- Foster & maintain relationships with distributor partners within established territory. Conduct regular communications with but not limited to their sales personnel. Keeping all parties up to date on marketing promotions, LTO’s and proprietary products needed to operate the full Chester’s brand
Specific Measures of Success:
- Operators are contacted and assisted on a regularly scheduled basis: by telephone at least weekly.
- Field problems are met head on immediate attention and adequate assistance is provided to operator/ customers.
- Required reports and records are accurately created and are timely in their submission.
- When required, responds as a reasonable host when accumulating reimbursable entertainment expenses; protects Company property and ensures the security necessary to prevent loss from abuse, carelessness, or theft.
- Operator complaints and distributor problems receive prompt, fair, and impartial attention; files are maintained to enable review of the circumstances and to support Company decisions.
- The ability to be a strong General Manager that can manage a large portfolio of franchisee/licensee units.
*This job description is subject to change based on the needs of the business and is not all-inclusive