This position reports to the Supply Chain Director and is responsible for all warehouse operations including receiving, shipping, transportation, and inventory management for the Company. This person will be expected to improve warehouse operations using lean enterprise practices and share warehouse data to improve productivity, quality, and customer service standards.
- Provides leadership to and management of subordinates trains, develops, and evaluates the performance of subordinates; provides direction for improvement of their work and leadership skills, and fosters their positive company attitude; monitors and documents employee warnings, absences, tardiness, and vacation; sustains a vision of industry achievement and remains part of and encourages the Company's growth.
- Establish and align departmental goals and objectives with those of the extended organization.
- Possesses the ability to lead through change-management initiatives.
- Take the lead on transportation contracts, freight claims, and any disputes that arise.
- Ensures all shipping, receiving, cycle counting, and returns are done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Warehouses products for shipment, assigns items to designated storage areas and maintains locations in a safe, secure, and effective manor for future retrieval. Provides timely safety and forklift operation training.
- Responsible for good housekeeping (5S) and safe storage of materials in all areas of the receiving, inspection, and shipping to include the administration of all safety policies, procedures, and programs
- Ensures full compliance of policies for handling obsolescence, consignment, physical inventory, and cycle counts.
- Manage tradeshow inventory, tradeshow logistics schedule, and spearhead process improvements.
- Continuously improves business processes, statistics/analytics, reporting, and inventory systems, which support efficient corporate inventory control/inventory management for the company.
- Collaborates within all areas of the supply chain to identify and understand inventory opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and assumes a shared responsibility in personal growth and development goals.
- Product integrity and customer satisfaction are ongoing goals: shipments to domestic and international customers are accomplished accurately and on-time; required documentation regarding domestic and international shipping laws is current and accurate.
- Uses good freight management techniques: no waste or damage to merchandise is caused by improper loading, handling, or storing; proper security procedures are in place to prevent loss from theft, carelessness, or poor documentation procedures.
- Company receiving/shipping records, including data concerning weights, measurements, pallet sizes, shipping dimensions, etc., and/or other information pertinent to ship products effectively and efficiently are maintained accurately and are up to date.
- Ensures optimization of warehouse space; warehousing is not hampered by poor housekeeping; supplies and parts are properly stored, and warehouse is maintained in an organized condition, free from clutter, and within the expectations of Company Policy.
- Warehouses and the receiving/shipping area operate safely; use good safety techniques; and has a good safety record.
- Equipment is efficiently and effectively maintained; efforts indicate budgeting and expense control.
- Supports a work environment where working with co-workers with divergent views are welcomed and solicited; appreciates and supports the operating philosophy of the Company.
- Sustains an interest in self-development and in the development of others remains goal oriented and ready, willing, and able to learn; approaches work and learning with a positive attitude; displays initiative and perseverance; completes training targets on schedule; assists in the training of others.
- ERP and WMS systems experience (Visual Mfg, SAP, etc…): 5+ years
- Warehouse supervision: 5+ years
- FIFO/JIT Inventory practices
- Inbound/Outbound freight management
- Inventory Control
- Cycle Counting
- Advanced Shipping Notice (ASN)
- Warehouse Configuration/Build Out
- 3PL management
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
*This job description is subject to change