FRANCHISE ONBOARDING COORDINATOR
This position reports to the Director of Business Development and is responsible for administering and maintaining franchise documents and agreements. This position is also responsible for offering exceptional value through internal support of new franchisees and customers to ensure a successful onboarding experience prior to store opening.
- Primary responsibility includes to process and record all new franchise documentation to ensure FTC and Chester’s Brand Standard compliance, serve as contact for new store relations utilizing decision-making skills and independent judgment, and collaborate with the appropriate department to resolve franchisee needs and issues. Must be able to exercise discretion while monitoring onboarding issues to ensure they are resolved timely and appropriately.
- Maintain standards for Franchise files, contracts and all related correspondence.
- Prepare all documents for proper record keeping in Chester’s CRM system
- Work with the development team following the sale of a franchise to review all building design deviations and site layouts to ensure that requirements are being met. Must be able to effectively communicate such requirements in a highly supportive and professional way to franchisees during onboarding
- This position may also assist in pre-tradeshow and post-tradeshow coordination including but not limited to outreach to potential new customers. As well as attend tradeshows as needed.
- Assist internal development with other franchise related documents such as: Franchise Disclosure Document receipts, Franchise agreement review, Chester’s NDA requirements, and other documents as needed.
- Ability to identify important customer issues during onboarding and communicate clearly and effectively suggested course of action to supervisor and/or appropriate department
- Ensure confidentiality of Franchisee personal data and financial data.
- As part of onboarding new franchisees, ensure that orders are entered properly into Visual system. Must have high attention to detail to avoid any inaccuracies in order entry.
- Maintain and coordinate accurate equipment order ship dates in collaboration with Chester’s shipping and logistics team. This includes effectively communicating lead times, ship dates, and payment requirements to the field team and franchisees during the onboarding stage.
- From time to time, travel to assist in new store openings with the corresponding field team member.
- Act as first point of contact for the field for new franchisees that are in the onboarding phase of the franchisee life cycle
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BA Degree preferably in Business oriented coursework or equivalent experience in retail account management
- Able to read/understand blueprints, CAD drawings and schematics
- Able to read/comprehend basic measurements tools
- Knowledge of National, municipal and local fire, health & construction inspection standards preferred
- Basic understanding of equipment and design
- Experience reviewing customer and vendor contracts
- Must be familiar with customer service and support best practices
- Position is an internal support function, as such, candidate must be able to report to the Birmingham, AL corporate office
- Min 2 years of customer support or account management experience with demonstrated ability to make decisions that are in the best interest of the customer and company
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing accuracy
- Proven ability to communicate complex issues with resolution suggestions to internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to prioritize activities while delivering exceptional value to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience with customer relationship management tools such as Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite or Salesforce
- Intermediate – Expert proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Less than 5% travel
Nice To Haves:
- Paralegal experience or relevant contract/ agreement review work
- QSR or Franchising Experience
- B2B account management
- Field or Internal Operations support experience with an emphasis on retail / restaurant operations
Essential Job Functions:
- Accurate Processing and record keeping of New Franchise Agreements, orders, and other account data.
- Display excellent internal support for ensuring the success of new franchisees through the onboarding process.
- Quick and thorough follow up, as well as making informed decisions on solutions that are in the best interest of our franchisees, customers, vendors and internal stakeholders
- Order Accuracy
- Solve new franchisee onboarding issues with a sense of urgency and professionalism
- Keep internal stakeholders up to date on all new store onboarding progress including, order fulfillment, order shipments, and opening schedules
*This job description is subject to change based on the needs of the business and is not all-inclusive