DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS SERVICES
This role will help contribute and create to help cross-functional projects and initiatives that increase organizational capabilities, store operations, sales, product development, supply chain and distribution productivity strategy solutions that meet the unique market and organizational needs of the operations and development departments.
Operations work typically include analyze and improve current and future operational communications and processes, work collaboratively with all cross functional departments in the office, manage all operational and ops services rollouts to the internal and external teams, test, develop, and execute future operational initiatives, identify challenges in restaurant operations and create new, innovative solutions/materials to make ops easier, create and improve existing and future restaurant tools and processes.
Supporting product roll out and corporate initiatives that translate to the field team and franchisee performance.
Closely working with FP&A to gather data and synthesis to actionable insights for the field team and franchisees to work towards short and long-term.
Project work typically includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating, and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to supervisor. From there, you will implement those recommendations with individual team members.
- Experience in restaurant operations including food safety, training and development, risk mitigation, analyzing P&L statements, labor management, inventory management:
- Required-BA Degree, preferably in Business oriented course work including marketing and sales or equivalent experience in the Retail business channel
- Travel to BHM (or other) regional office one week a month
- Preferred 1-3 years of experience in a professional services firm environment, or at a Retail company, with exposure to one or more of the following functional disciplines: consulting, marketing, research, finance, strategic planning, business development, product development, and/or project management; advanced degree or PMP certification a plus
- Interest in the Retail sector, coupled with some existing awareness of sector trends and players strongly preferred
- Experience bringing innovative and ‘outside the box’ approaches to problem solving
- Passion for business issues; ability to grasp complex business challenges as relevant to the restaurant sector
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and sometimes demanding professional environment, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities at one time
- Attentive to detail and very organized, commitment to high-quality work
- Intellectual curiosity and thirst for learning
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to self-motivate and work autonomously, while appreciating guided coaching and collaborative teaming
- Willingness to team with stake holders cross-functionally
- Superior customer service attitude (internally and externally)
- Positive mindset; high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent written and verbal ability
- Strong communication and presentation skills – ability to engage with senior business executives. Strong Active listening skills a must
- Expert proficiency in Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Word
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide planning insights and recommendations using data models and visualization tools.
- Direct liaison between corporate and field teams
- Supporting product launches from iteration to execution at the restaurant level
- Creating and analyzing operational tools to help franchisee desired performance
- Working with FP&A team to generate meaningful insights for the field team to execute financial and operational opportunities in the field.
- Provide operational insight to field team members through analysis and new process and tool creation.
- Manage 3rd party store auditing relationship.
- Help stakeholders achieve long-term success by drawing up practical road maps that help departments carry out strategy, manage change, monitor and gauge processes, and rectify issues if needed.
- Provide planning solutions - from concept to implementation - across omni-channel capabilities, Store operations and Development productivity solutions.
- Driving development of the content directly via Excel/Power BI, Power Point/Tableau (for example, by sharing ideas, frameworks or providing input on research and analysis)
*This job description is subject to change based on the needs of the business and is not all-inclusive