This position reports to the VP of Marketing and will assist with developing and executing a wide range of projects that will ultimately create new programs and introduce new items for the Chester’s brand and affiliated brands. Desired candidate should have strong communication skills, be detail oriented, offer creative thinking, possess a natural curiosity, and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead day to day coordination of marketing programs, campaigns, and tactics.
- Manage and monitor multiple projects simultaneously, through all phases of development, as well as implementation, across all functions and levels.
- Actively manage Chester’s social media accounts in support of KPI’s designed to grow consumer engagement with the brand. Develop monthly content calendars to track and measure success. Develop strategies for both unpaid and paid content.
- Work closely with culinary department and in-house design team to create training materials for our franchisees – both printed materials and training videos.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the Supermarket, Convenience Store, and Travel Center industry to ensure Chester’s is staying relevant in these channels. Research and publish monthly round up of industry news and distribute to internal stakeholders.
- In partnership with the Culinary Director, manage publication and updates to any nutritional information associated with Chester’s food products on the website, menus, product packaging, or other printed materials.
- Manage email communication via an email service provider to C-Store stakeholders including ADs, Wholesalers, and Retailers. This includes internal and external communications, including communication between Area Developers and Corporate Office.
- Draft and publish quarterly internal newsletter content to be shared with all company employees.
- Assist in developing and executing marketing strategies for Key Accounts in partnership with sales and operations teams.
- Analyze market and sales data to make program recommendations to the business and customers.
- Drive completion of deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
- Ensure materials meet brand standards.
- Develop supporting collateral for sales initiatives, presentations, and opportunities.
- Oversee production with outside vendors to ensure materials meet brand standards, including attending press checks and photo shoots as needed.
- Coordinate, plan and participate in marketing related meetings (may include scheduling and arranging meeting venues)
- BA or BS in Marketing, Business, or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Marketing. Food experience is a plus. Advertising agency experience is a plus.
- Experience managing social media campaigns preferred.
- Tech savvy; proficient in MS Office, especially Powerpoint and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, and/or iMovie is a plus.
- Must be highly productive with good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter and independent worker that can meet job expectations without constant oversight. Knows when to ask questions to gain clarity and knowledge.
- Must be resourceful, proactive, detail-oriented, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- This position is based in Chester’s Birmingham office. Flexible work arrangement not available.
- Occasional travel be required (less than 10%)
*This job description is subject to change based on the needs of the business and is not all-inclusive